- Soap: I made dinosaur soap dispensers (trust me, these are super easy) to make hand washing more fun for the boys. For April Fool's Day, try using bugs and toy snakes!
- Play hooky! Get the kids ready for school and pull into the school parking lot. Then tell them "April Fool's" and take them somewhere fun for the day (zoo, indoor play area, putt putt, amusement park).
- Place plastic bugs, spiders or snakes in their lunch boxes.
- If you don't mind cleaning up a small mess, toilet paper their room while they sleep.
- For older kids (or even hubby): safety pin the corners of all their underwear together. When they try to pull out one, they will get a whole string of underwear.
- Fill their closet or armoire with balloons and wait until they open it!
- Carefully unwind some of the toilet paper roll. Place a dollar on the roll and roll back up. First one up wins!
- Pack jelly beans in their lunch, but have them be unexpected flavors. There are a lot of options for gross and unexpected flavors such as Harry Potter Bernie Botts, Bean Boozled, Beer, Chili Mango, Tabasco flavored.
- Place color fizz tabs in the faucets and/or bath tub (unscrew the faucet screen, place the tablet in, screw back on). When the water is turned on, it will be colored! (Don't use Easter egg dye tabs-this will dye things!) I saw this idea here, but don't have the right faucets for it. Let me know if you try it!
- Egg Cupcakes: You may remember these from the Backward's Day post. These were a big hit with my kids. They are vanilla/white cupcakes topped with an egg. The egg is made out of candy!
- Egg Candies: For a fun snack for their lunch boxes, try making egg candies. Melt white chocolate chips and pipe onto wax paper. You want it to look like a fried egg shape. Before it hardens completely, place a yellow M&M on for the yolk. Let set.
- Colored Milk: Add a few drops of food coloring to their morning milk.
- Make them wormy apples for an after school snack. Use an apple corer or sharp knife to cut a hole in the side of an apple. Place a gummy worm in the apple.
- Place the bags of cereal in different boxes!
- Meatloaf Cupcakes: Make mini meatloaves in muffin pans. Pipe on mashed potatoes for 'frosting'. You could even add a little food coloring to the potatoes to make the frosting look more realistic.
- Cut a pound cake into strips. Toast in the oven to make them look like fries. Serve with a side of red frosting. DM Tip: Broil cake for about 20 seconds to brown. Watch carefully so they don't burn. Flip and toast the other side.
- Fly ice cubes. Freeze plastic or candy flies in ice cubes and serve in their drink at lunch or dinner. You could also use raisins.