Cook Time 50-60 minutes. 4 servings.
You will need:
- 1 can white beans, rinsed and drained (like Great Northern beans)
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, boneless/skinless, cubed
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 ground ginger
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- (1) 14 1/2 oz can diced tomatoes (no salt added kind), drained
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbpn golden raisins (optional)
- Spray a nonstick pan with cooking spray.
- Add chicken and cook over high heat for 2 minutes. Turn chicken once during cooking.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Lower heat. Add the rest of the ingredients (not chicken). If you like your peppers a little crisp, leave out.
- Bring to simmer, cook 2 minutes.
- Add chicken to the pot.
- Cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- Add the peppers in last 15 minutes, so they remain a little crisp.