You will need:
- Sharp knife
- Fruit (for the fruit salad), optional
1. Cut out middle section of the watermelon. I cut a slit at both ends, and then horizontally in the middle. Make sure to leave both ends intact and to have high enough sides for the fruit salad to stay in the bowl.
3. Carve a head and neck shape out of one of the ends.
7. Cut out a beak shape. I just did a triangle and trimmed off the red fruit.
8. Cut out a wattle shape. My watermelon and a very thick rind. I ended up trimming off the green part of the rind so it would fit better on the head.
9. Optional: Cut additional feathers from the middle rind section. Attach to tail part of the watermelon with toothpicks.
11. Cut up the watermelon and any additional fruit. Fill the bowl and serve!