If you don't have a heart cookie cutter, or if you are like me and the cookie cutters are an unorganized mess after Christmas and you don't feel like spending forever finding it, you can still make them! All you need is a spoon! (Well...the ingredients, cookie sheets, and parchment paper too.)
They are really easy to make.
- First make your favorite peanut butter cookie dough.
- Next roll or scoop out a ball of dough, about 1 teaspoon or cookie scoop worth. Roll in granulated sugar.
- Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Slightly flatten ball and form bottom into a point with your fingers (gently squeezing sides usually works).
- Next, take the spoon and cut out a V shape from the top. Place discard back in the cookie dough bowl.
- If needed, round the top of the heart and shape better.
- Use fork and make marks in the top.
- Bake according to recipe directions.
- Let cool completely on a cooling rack.
- If desired, drizzle with melted candy melts or chocolate. Let set.