Prep Time 10 min., Total time 30 min. Serves 6.
For this recipe you will need:
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes (3-4 medium/large potatoes)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 1 cup beef gravy (about a 10 1/4 oz can)
- Optional: This recipe is produces a mild flavored shepherd's pie. I like to add some garlic and black pepper to spice up the meat mixture.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large skillet, brown the ground beef. Drain any grease.
2. Mix mashed potatoes, 1/2 cup shredded cheese, garlic, and cream cheese until well blended.
3. Add the vegetables and gravy to the meat. Stir.
4. Place meat/vegetable mix in a 9 inch square baking dish.
5. Cover with potato mixture and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
6. Bake 20 minutes (or until heated all the way through).
(DM Tip: If you use instant mashed potatoes, do not add the milk. That way when the cream cheese is added, the potatoes will remain fluffy.)