These super easy Valentine's Day candies were a huge hit with the boys last year. I thought they may be a little too breakable to send in the lunch box, so they were waiting for them when they got home from school.
- Candy Melts/Waffers (red, white, pink, etc.). (White chocolate works well too)
- Candy Canes
- Plastic Sandwich or snack size Ziploc bags
- Parchment paper, scissors
- Sprinkles, optional
1. Melt candy melts (or white chocolate) according to package directions.
2. Lay down candy canes to form a heart shape on a piece of parchment paper. If candy canes are too long, carefully break the ends off.
3. Fill Ziploc bag with melted candy melt and snip just the tip off.
4. Fill in the space between candy canes and smooth out using the back of a spoon or knife.
5. Optional, add sprinkles on before candy melt/chocolate sets.
- For another idea, pipe a rectangle or square of milk/dark chocolate and let set. Pipe on O's and X's. This is a great snack by itself, but it would also be great on top of ice cream, a cupcake or on a small cake.
- Pipe out the word LOVE and let set. Attach with little dots of melted candy melt/chocolate to the heart candies.