- Airhead Extremes
- Gel Colors
1. Make the cupcakes and allow to cool completely.
2. Ice the cupcakes in the desired color.
3. Cut a three or four inch piece out of the Airheads strip.
4. Place candy strip into the cupcake to create a rainbow. DM Tips: You could cut a slit in the cupcake and push the end of the candy in using a toothpick. You could also push the candy into the icing and pipe additional icing around the base to help hold into place. On the blue cupcakes, I used the white clouds to help hold the candy in place.
5. Finally, place a wrapped Rolo at the base of the rainbow.
- Instead of the Rolo, use a chocolate gold coin at the base of the rainbow.
- Ice cupcake blue, place on candy rainbow, and then place white mini marshmallows at the base for clouds.
- Have a cloud inspired cupcake by piping on white dots for a cloud-like look. Add a candy rainbow or rainbow covered sprinkles.
- Create a rainbow on a tray: Make cupcakes in the different colors of the rainbow. Place the red cupcakes in an arch. Then place the orange cupcakes underneath the red, then yellow, green, blue, and purple. You could pipe a dollop of white icing in the middle of the cupcake or ice in the same color as the cupcake.
- Ice the cupcake in white icing. Using sprinkles, create strips of color on the icing to make a rainbow.