The last time it got this cold, we blew bubbles and tried to catch them on the wand without popping them. It took a few tries, but we managed to catch a few. After a couple minutes, the bubbles would freeze and you could lightly touch them or pull them apart.
- Snow Cream: make ice cream out of all that snow!
- Edible Snowflakes (Tortillas!)
- Snowman On A Stick
- Bake Cookies (Link has my sugar cookie recipe.)
- Make a Snowman Out of Golfballs
- Cotton Ball Snowman
- Potato Stamps (To go with the cold weather, you could make snowflake or snowman shaped stamps.)
- Paper Snowflakes. If you don't have a lot of extra paper laying around, white coffee filters will work too!
- Paper Roll Penguin
- Make an easy bird feeder with Popcorn and Dried Fruit or Pine Cones and Peanut Butter.
- Go Fishing In The Living Room
- Are Snow Flakes Really All Different? Examine the snowflakes and see the different shapes and styles.
- Have A Camping Trip In Your Living Room
- Snowman Coloring Page. This is just one I drew, but there are lots of them out there!
- Build A Snowman!
- Go Ice Bowling. If it's really cold and windy, this works well in a garage too.
- Try Making Your Own Icicles