What goes better with Fall than apple cider? Apple cider donuts!
DM TIP: I used Wilton's Donut pan, which turned out well. It has space for 6 donuts. I was able to get 14 donuts out of the recipe below. Norpro has a 6 and 12 space donut pan as well.
For the donuts, you will need:
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons apple cider
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
2. Spray donut pan with a non-stick spray and set aside.
3. In a bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar and butter until combined.
5. Add egg and vanilla to sugar/butter and continue mixing.
6. Next, stir flour mixture into the sugar/butter/egg mixture.
7. Add in buttermilk and mix together.
8. Finally, add in apple cider and mix until it is just combined.
9. Fill donut pan about 1/2 full and baking for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
10. Remove from oven and flip onto a cooling rack.
11. Mix the remaining cinnamon and sugar for the topping.
12. Once the donuts have cooled enough to touch, brush apple cider over the top and sides.
13. Dip donut into the cinnamon/sugar mix.