- Layered Jello. Use red jello to create a red and white striped "hat"of jello.
- Green Eggs (Candy). Melt green Candy Melts and create a fried egg shape on a piece of wax paper. Place a yellow M&M on the candy before it hardens. Let set. (This works great for April Fool's Day too.)
- Green Eggs inspired Yogurt. Tint vanilla yogurt green with a few drops of food coloring (or use a key lime yogurt). Spread around a plate or bowl and place a yellow Candy Melt on for the yolk. For a healthier option, place a slice of banana as the yolk.
- Make Egg Topped Cupcakes, but make the white icing green to make a green egg topped cupcake!
- Create a lunch that links back to Seuss books, or have little snacks for each book you read. For example:
- Pink lemonade like in If I Ran The Circus or call it 'pink ink' like in One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish.
- Make schlopps with a cherry on top like in Oh The Thinks You Can Think!. It looks like an ice cream sundae to me!
- Hot dogs. It looks like they are eating hot dogs with the Zable in There's a Wocket in my Pocket!.
- Green candy eggs or green yogurt eggs (see above) for Green Eggs and Ham.
- Donuts, egg, jelly/jam, lollipop for Dr. Seuss' ABC.
- Cotton candy on a stick to look like the Truffula trees in The Lorax.
- Read your favorite Dr. Seuss books.
- Create your own Dr. Seuss type of book!
- Have everyone wear their silliest or craziest hat to dinner.
- Go fishing in the living room! Only catch the red, blue, green fish.
- Make a Cat In The Hat with construction paper.
- Read Oh, the Thinks you Can Think! and have everyone write down all their ideas.
- Check in with your local library and bookstores for Dr. Seuss themed events.
- Dr. Seuss Themed Word Find
Read Across America, 3/3/14