The cupcakes take about 2 hours (baking, cooling, decorating).
For these cupcakes, you will need:
- White or yellow cupcake mix
- White icing
- Yellow fruit chews (like Starbursts)
- Bake and cool cupcakes.
- Create each yolk separately. Unwrap and microwave for about 10 seconds (until softened). Form into a flattened ball.
- Ice cupcakes in a smooth, wavy shape to create the egg white. (Cookie icing also works well.)
- Place "yolk" candy onto the white.
(DM Tip for Easy Cupcakes: Order a batch of cupcakes from your local grocery store and ask them to leave off the icing. Ice and decorate when you get home!)