You will need:
- Construction Paper (I used black for the base and yellow for the spider)
- Contact Paper
- Pen, optional
- Paper or plastic bowl
- Thin white string or thread
1. Pour some glue into the bowl and set off to the side.
2. Cut off desired length of string. This will make the web.
3. Dip string/thread into glue and run between your fingers to get off the excess.
4. Place string around the piece of paper to create the web.
5. Cut out a spider and glue onto the web. I have a stencil below if you would like to use it. Optional: draw on a eyes or a face on the spider. (Higgins did not like the feel of the glue on his fingers, so we don't have a very large web, but it can be any size you want!)
6. Let dry.
7. Once the glue has dried, cover front and back with contact paper to make a placemat for lunch! Try to squeeze out extra air bubbles and trim off any excess.