Haunted Shepherd's PiePrep Time 10 min., Total time 30 min. Serves 6.
For this recipe you will need:
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes (3-4 medium/large potatoes)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 1 cup beef gravy (about a 10 1/4 oz can)
- Optional: This recipe is produces a mild flavored shepherd's pie. I like to add some black pepper to spice up the meat mixture.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large skillet, brown the ground beef. Drain any grease.
2. Mix mashed potatoes, 1/2 cup shredded cheese, garlic, and cream cheese until well blended.
3. Add the vegetables and gravy to the meat. Stir.
4. Place meat/vegetable mix in a 9 inch square baking dish.
5. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top of the meat mixture.
6. Form the mashed potatoes into ghost-like shapes and place on top of the meat/vegetables. I placed peas into the potatoes to form eyes for the ghosts.
6. Bake 20 minutes (or until heated all the way through).
(DM Tip: If you use instant mashed potatoes, do not add the milk. That way when the cream cheese is added, the potatoes will remain fluffy.)