You will need:
- 1/2 teapsoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Misc.: cookie sheets, non-stick spray, toothpick
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Mix all ingredients together.
3. Spray a cooking sheet with non-stick spray.
4. Scoop out 1 tablespoon sized balls and form into shapes. If you want a certain shape, it might be easier to use cookie cutters. Use a toothpick and write SD (for Scooby Doo) on the top of the cookies.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until edges are slightly firm. DM Tip: If the edges turn brown, they are burning. I found the middle shelf worked best.
OTHER IDEAS: My kids and I liked the cookies...I mean Scooby Snacks. However, there are a lot of variations online. Here are a few other recipes I found.
- This recipe came from a Scooby Doo Guide to Life book. Ingredients: ¼ cup butter, 1 cup brown sugar, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla, ½ cup flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, ½ teaspoon salt, ¾ cup grated coconut. Melt butter in a saucepan, stir in sugar until dissolved. Once it cools add vanilla and egg. Sir the flour, salt, and baking powder together in a bowl. Stir flour mixture into the butter mixture. Add coconut. Drop ½ inch sized cookies onto a cookie sheet. Use your fingers and press into diamond shapes. With a toothpick, press the letters SD into each cookie. Bake at 350 degrees for 6 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Here a few other recipe variations I found online:
WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE SCOOBY DOO MOVIES?