You will need:
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 3 cups oats (quick-cooking or old-fashioned)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening/vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup raisins*
- 1 cup chocolate chips*
- Parchment paper, cookie sheets, cooling racks
*We like a lot of stuff in our cookies, so I added 1 1/2 cups of raisins and chocolate chips.
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Set aside oats, raisins, chocolate chips, and flour. Combine all other ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Stir in flour, oats, chocolate chips, and raisins.
4. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
5. Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto sheet, about 2 inches apart.
6. Bake 9-11 minutes, or until lightly browned.
7. Remove from oven and cool on cooling rack. DM TIP: I find it easiest to simply move the parchment paper with the cookies still on it to the cooling rack. The cookies cool and don't get smooshed being moved.