Total time: 50-60 minutesYou will need:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. ground sausage
- half an onion (or 1 small onion), diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 carton mushrooms, thinly sliced (If you are like my kids and don't like mushrooms, you can leave these out!)
- 9-10 eggs
- 2-3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (depending on how much cheese you like!)
- 1 (8 oz.) block of cream cheese
- Dash of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Oil or butter to saute the vegetables
- Non-stick spray
- 9x13 pan
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place pepper, onions, and mushrooms in a large pan and saute with about 1 Tablespoon of oil or butter. DM Tip: I sauteed the onions and peppers until they were soft, and then added in the mushrooms.
3. Add in the seasonings and meats. Brown the meat until almost finished.
4. Drain the grease and place mixture back on heat.
5. Turn heat to low and add in the cream cheese until melted mixed in with the meat and vegetables.
6. Spray a 9x13 pan.
7. Spread the meat mixture evenly in the pan.
8. Beat eggs together in a bowl and spread over the top of the meat mixture.
9. Top with cheese.
10. Bake about 30 minutes, or until eggs are cooked.