dinosaur toothbrush holders were a success, I thought I would try making hand washing more fun. After all, if they get used to good hygiene and habits when they are kids, it should keep with them as adults. Right? These soap dispensers were really easy to make. I used dinosaurs because Higgins loves dinos at the moment. DM Tip: Longer toys or different weights of toys work best. I found the really light toys tend to float to the top after awhile.
You will need:
- Clear soap container
- Clear soap
- Small plastic toys. DM Tip: Longer toys or different weights of toys work best. I found the really light toys tend to float to the top after awhile.
1. If the soap container has labels, peel off so that you can see the insides clearly. I used Goo Gone to remove left over label residue.
2. Place the toys inside the soap container. You may have to wiggle them in to fit.
3. Use a toothpick or the soap dispenser tube to push the toys into position.
Other filler ideas:
- Check out the dollar store for cheap fillers!
- Small plastic barrels, signs, cones and cars for car/truck/construction lovers
- Plastic rings
- Plastic jewels
- Silk/plastic flowers
- Small figures: Lego, army men, etc.