You've Been Boo'd!
We started our Boo tradition a several years ago and brought it with us to our new neighborhood. We make a make a treat bag and secretly deliver it to our friends, family, and neighbors. My kids love helping put the bags together and delivering them. Sometimes we don't get Boo'd back, but it helps teach the boys to do nice things for other people without expecting anything in return.
Each year the treats and the bags are a little different, depending on what we find at the store. We've used brown paper lunch bags, plastic pumpkin pails, Halloween themed bags, etc. Below are some ideas! (These link to Amazon, but you can also find a lot at the dollar stores, Target, etc.) These are also great ideas for school goodie bags or Halloween Party prizes, and for Teal Pumpkin Project (minus the candy!)
- Halloween themed pencils, gel pens, witches broom pens, 6 color pens,character light up top pens, skeleton bones pens.
- Halloween themed erasers.
- Halloween themed Stickers, Make a Pumpkin Face stickers.
- Plastic bugs, snakes, spiders.
- Spider rings.
- Mini pumpkins
- Glow wands, bracelets, necklaces, swords
- Vampire Teeth
- Halloween straws (orange and black, ghost and spider)
- Halloween themed activity books
- Halloween themed books (see my post with my favorite Halloween books! Most of these are for younger kids, but Goosebumps books might be good for slightly older kids.)
- Themed games (mazes; deck of cards: Halloween (Target Dollar Bins and dollars stores often carry these), Monsters, or Tragic (graphics better suited for older kids); etc.)
- Zombie Hands (aka sticky hands)
- Candy (caramel apple suckers, candy eyeballs, etc.)
- Halloween themed movies (We aren't into the super scary movies yet, but our favorites so far are: ParaNorman, Scooby Doo Frankencreepy, Hocus Pocus, Scooby Doo Halloween Boos and Clues, Hotel Transylvania, Hotel Transylvania 2)
- Halloween Bookmarks
|some examples of fillers and bags|
|Delivering the Boo bags|
Here's the boo poem I usually include with the Boo Bags I give out. If it's hard to print from here, I included two websites that have printable boo poems/instructions.