You will need:
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons marinara sauce
- 1-2 Green Bell Peppers, cut in half and seeds removed
- 1/4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mozzarella cheese, slices or shredded (slices are a little easier to use on the grill)
- 12-16 slices of pepperoni (I usually use 3-4 per burger)
- Hamburger buns
1. Combine turkey, Italian seasoning, black pepper, garlic powder, and marinara sauce in a bowl. Mix together until well combined. Form 4 patties (they will be wet and a little smooshy).
2. Heat the grill.
3. Place burgers and pepper slices (outside of pepper face down) on grill. Grill burgers about 4 minutes each side. Grill peppers until outside has become slightly blackened in spots.
4. Turn off the grill.
5. Place cheese on top of burgers, add pepperoni slices. Close lid and let cheese melt for 1-2 minutes.
6. Bring peppers inside and cut into slices (usually I use 3 slices per burger).
7. Bring in burgers and place peppers on top.
8. Place on a bun and enjoy!