The last few Easters we have tried a new Easter egg technique. This year we tried Crackle Eggs! They ended up looking pretty cool.
1. Hard boil eggs and let cool.
2. Place 1/2 teaspoon of white vinegar, food coloring, and enough water to cover the egg in a Ziploc bag.
3. Carefully crack egg all over the shell, but be careful not to tear the membrane. (You can roll on the counter, gently hit with a butter knife.)
4. Place egg in the bag and close. Let sit for 30 minutes or so.
5. Dry egg off and carefully remove shell. The dye transfers from your fingers easily. I held the egg with a paper towel and removed shell to keep my fingers holding the egg from transferring dye and messing up the crackle lines.
DM TIP: These would look awesome using black food coloring for Halloween!
Previous Egg Posts: