You will need:
- Chocolate Cake Mix, or your own recipe, and needed ingredients
- Cookie Dough Ingredients: (This is egg-less since the dough doesn't bake all the way through. Makes 24-26 balls.)
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons sugar (granulated)
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cupcake Pan
- Cupcake wrappers
- Toppings, optional
1. Mix together cookie dough ingredients.
2. Set bowl of dough in fridge for about 20 minutes, or until firm.
3. Scoop 1 tablespoon of dough and roll into balls and set on cookie sheet.
4. Place tray of cookie dough balls in the freezer for 1 hour.
5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
6. Make cupcake batter.
7. Place cupcake wrappers in cupcake/muffin pan.
8. Fill wrappers 2/3 full with cupcake batter.
9. Remove cookie dough from fridge and place one in each cupcake.DM Tip: Push dough to the bottom of the cupcake to make sure the dough doesn't cook all the way through.
10. Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. To check if the cupcake is done, insert the toothpick towards the edges of the cupcake, not into the middle where the cookie dough is!
11. Place on a cooling rack and let cool completely before icing.
DM Tip: I found that the cupcakes tasted the best if I let them sit for several hours (or even overnight) before eating.