Welcome! I am a mom to two wonderful kids and one lazy dog, and a wife to a great husband. Needless to say, there are a lot of daily messes to clean up around our house. Daily Messes is my blog to share ideas on things to do with your kids, snack and meal ideas, crafts, and holiday fun. I hope you find something to enjoy!
Thursday, August 30, 2012
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
Love cinnamon rolls? Love pancakes? Have them both! These are an awesome decadent breakfast.
Total Time: 20 minutes
4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Mix ingredients together and stick in a Ziploc bag. Seal and let sit to thicken.
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons milk
Heat ingredients in a saucepan. Mix until sugar is melted and everything is mixed together well.
1. Make Cinnamon Swirl and let thicken.
2. Mix up the pancake batter. I used a just-add-water pancake mix.
3. Form round pancakes on griddle/skillet and cook on medium heat until bubbles start to show (about 2-3 minutes).
4. Snip the end of the Ziploc bag off and pipe on a cinnamon swirl. Don't pipe too close to the edges or it will melt off.
6. Make and drizzle glaze over the pancakes.
HINT: Wipe pan clean with paper towel in between pancakes.