These banana muffins are easy to make!
I had some bananas that didn't get eaten last week and were starting to brown. Soft browning bananas are perfect to make banana bread or muffins! They make a great breakfast and out the door snack.
You will need:
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup Toffee chips
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine sugar and butter.
3. Mix in eggs.
4. Pour in vanilla, milk, and bananas. Mix until smooth.
5. Stir in the salt, baking soda, and flour.
6. Mix in toffee and chocolate chips. Don't mix too much, just enough to evenly
distribute the chips in the batter. (If you are using nuts, mix them in with the
7. Pour batter into lined muffin tins (or greased muffin tins if you aren't using
8. Bake 20-30 minutes. Check at about 20 minutes to see if done by inserting a
toothpick into the middle of the muffin. If the toothpick comes out clean,
muffins are done!
9. Once muffins are done, remove from oven and muffin pan. Allow to cool on a
10. Enjoy! (They're good with butter or cream cheese on them too!)
- If you don't like Toffee chips, just increase the amount of chocolate chips!
- If baking batter in a loaf pan to make banana bread, cook for 1 hour then check with a toothpick.