The rice cereal treats can be made into a ton of different shapes with molds or cookie cutters. They can be iced, covered in fondant or Candy Melts, or placed on lollipop sticks.
To make the eggs, grease the inside of each half of a plastic egg. Press cereal mixture into the egg halves and make a hollow center in the middle of the egg with your fingers. Remove from the mold and cool on a piece of wax paper. Place candies inside the hollow center and place the other half of egg on until they stick together. Cool the egg completely before you decorate with other candies or icing.
|Grease with cooking spray or butter|
(HINT: If you don't want to make a batch of rice cereal treats, you can buy the pre-packaged Rice Krispie snacks. Unwrap and heat in the microwave for a few seconds to get them warm enough to mold. Mold and allow to cool!)
In case you don't have the recipe (a lot of store brand rice cereals do not have the recipe on them), here it is!
RICE CEREAL TREATS:
You will need:
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 package large marshmallows or 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups rice cereal (such as Rice Krispies)
1. Grease a baking dish. (DM Tip: I like to use butter and rub along the bottom and edges of the dish.)
2. Melt butter in a large saucepan or pot, over low heat.
3. Add in marshmallows and stir until melted.
4. Slowly add in cereal and stir until completely mixed.
5. Remove pan from heat.
6. Grease your hands and press cereal into baking dish.
7. Allow to cool before cutting.